Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Be Still

Buenas Noches,
I was reading in the Psalms the other day and I came across some verses that I have heard before, but they really stuck out to me the other day. I have been starting to become worried about what is going to happen next year. Will I get a Job? Where will I get a job?

I am really trying to give it all to God and lean on him. These verses that I am about to share, really helped me think about how to give this all to God.

Here they are:

Psalm 46: 1 - " God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way"

Psalm 46: 10 " " Be still and know that I am God"

This verses helped me remember that God is indeed my refuge and that I do not need to fear. This means that I do not need to fear what next year brings( where I will live, If/where I will get a job).

The second verse especially really made me think. It says for us to " Be still". How many times am I just still and let God do his work. Being still means not to worry, not to fret, not to over analyze, to get worked up. Being still means to give it all to God and to wait to see his answer. He is God, he is the ultimate worker. He works all things out for our good.

I know some of this might sound redundant, but I know that God is working in me and teaching me some really important lessons. So thanks for listening! Let's be still and let God work!

Adios! - Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment