Saturday, February 26, 2011

Patience and A Good Attitude

Buenas Noches!

Today I spent some time in the Bible and was reminded of a very simple but important lesson of Patience. It has been hard lately to be patient with everyone around me and to love others like God has loved me. So I took out part of my day today to listen to Worship Music and spend some time in the word to see what the Bible says about patience.

Here is some of what I found:

Proverbs 15:18- " A hot tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel"

Romans 12:12 " Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer"

Colossians 3:12-13 " Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you"

James 1:19-20 " My dear brothers, take note of this" Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires"

1 John 4:20-21 " If anyone says " I love God:, yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother"

These verses reminded me that God commands me to be patient and to love my brothers and that I need to have a change in attitude.

After I read these verses I decided that I should read my Dad's sermon from last week entitled, " Where Positive Attitudes Come From", I thought this would go along well with what I had been reading earlier. There were a lot of great points from this sermon out of Ephesians 3:1-13

My Dad talked about where Paul's Good Attitude came from. In these verses, Paul is in Prison but he was still able to have a Positive Attitude.

My Dad said that it came from three things God's Calling, God's Provision and God's Control.

Paul knew that he had a role in God's Kingdom and that it was to invest in others. So God prepared Paul for a specific role and if meant being in prison that he would take that as part of God's will and calling.

Paul knew that God would provide what he needed to help him fulfill his role and that God does not ask us to do something that he has not equipped us to do.

Lastly, Paul knew that God was in control and that God had a plan that he was working out.

This sermon was a great reminder to me as I face hard things daily. It reminded that I can still have a positive attitude amongst the not so positive things in my life because God has called me to be here, he will provide what I need to get through and he is in Control.

I hope these thoughts encouraged you and that you were able to take something away from this!

Adios! - Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment